If you feel years younger than your age, it’s possible to look it too! And the good news? Most people can slow down the aging process and achieve a more youthful appearance with a nonsurgical, natural facelift. Dr. Andrew Kwak, founder of the Lumen Center, has developed a unique technique called the Lumen Lift, perfected over the last decade. The Lumen Lift both tightens the chin, neck and/or jowls areas and fills around sunken eyes and cheeks to provide a desirable heart-shaped, healthy look to the face. The organic-looking results leave patients feeling and appearing rejuvenated, without any visible signs of a facelift.
Tightening and Filling the Natural Way: The Ideal Combination for Rejuvenating Your Face
The more fat a person has in the face, the more youthful the look. It’s why we endearingly say that someone has a “baby face” when it’s full, round and healthy. As we age, the fat starts to lose volume and turn downward. Slowly but surely, it settles in the chin and neck. (For more on how the face ages, see this Harvard Health article.)
If you are looking to restore a youthful appearance to your face, and desire organic-looking, long-lasting results, you may want to consider a natural facelift without surgery. The first step is to tighten the loose skin, typically around the jowls and/or neck area. During the Lumen Tight procedure at The Lumen Center, a laser fiber is inserted through a very small nick under the chin, fat is liquified and removed. An added benefit is that heat from the laser causes the skin to tighten, redefining the jaw and neckline.
Patients can also add the Lumen Fill to the Lumen Tight procedure. Together, it’s known as the Lumen Lift, a complete minimally-invasive facelift. By collecting fat from the flank or abdomen regions with gentle liposuction, the fat is then spun down to its purest form and filled with rich stem cells. The stem cells in your fat repurpose dormant cells in the face, giving an organic lift that enhances the quality and structure of the skin. The longevity of your own fat (5-7 years) far outlasts temporary fillers, which last 6 to 18 months. Both procedures can be completed on the same day in under 5 hours, done together in the same morning or afternoon.
How Is A Traditional Facelift Different from a Natural Facelift?
We frequently get this question as patients consider their options. There are key differences between a traditional facelift and its natural alternative, such as the Lumen Lift.
- Risk: Unlike a more invasive traditional facelift, a natural facelift involves no cutting, so there is a decreased chance of complications such as hematoma, nerve injury and infection. A nonsurgical, natural facelift is a safe and effective option, and performed in an office setting.
- Anesthesia: A traditional facelift requires general anesthesia while the Lumen Lift is done with local numbing medication.
- Results: A traditional facelift can leave noticeable scarring around the hairline and ears, while the Lumen Lift has virtually no scarring, only two or three tiny puncture sites. A traditional facelift can make a too tight, artificial-looking and augmented appearance. The Lumen Lift gives a “natural” appearance that is subtler, but makes patients look years younger.
- Recovery: A traditional facelift requires at least two weeks of recovery time, while patients may be able to return to work after only three days with the Lumen Lift. Some bruising and minor swelling can be expected for up to 7 days, but it varies from patient to patient.
- Aging Post-Facelift: After 5-7 years, the Lumen Lift can be repeated with the same natural results. Repeated surgical facelift procedures often yield an abnormal look.
- Cost: The Lumen Lift is typically two-thirds the cost of a traditional facelift.
Achieve the Best Version of Yourself with a Nonsurgical, Natural Facelift
At The Lumen Center, our goal is to help patients achieve the best version of themselves. Often a rejuvenated look from a nonsurgical, natural facelift also improves confidence and a patient’s quality of life. We can help get you there! Contact us at 610.525.0606 to learn more and schedule a consultation with Dr. Kwak.