For many women, a Brazilian Butt Lift is much more than enhancing and adding volume to the buttocks. It’s also sculpting the body to accentuate your S-shape curves. It’s about creating a beautiful silhouette that slopes in at the waist and gradually curves out at the hips and butt. The results can be remarkable, but it’s important to understand the benefits and potential downside. Following are answers to frequently asked questions to start exploring if a Brazilian Butt Lift is right for you.
BRAZILIAN BUTT LIFT VS SQUATS
Have you tried squats and other exercises in the hope to shape and tone your posterior? While muscle can be increased with exercise and strengthening, fat cells are a different story. In fact, the distribution and volume of fat is largely determined by your genes. It explains why some people carry extra weight in their abdomen or thighs. And why, despite a healthy diet and exercises that target your glutes, you may not be seeing the desired results.
The Brazilian Butt Lift has become an increasingly popular procedure (with the fat transfer/fat grafting procedure increasing 19% in 2018 alone). This 2-for-1 procedure involves harvesting fat from a donor area (usually the abdomen, love handles or back) via liposuction. The harvested fat is then distilled to its purest form and reinjected into the buttocks for a fuller, shapelier look. Not only is your backside plumped up, but your waist and abdomen look trim, giving you a more sculpted appearance.
BRAZILIAN BUTT LIFT PROCEDURE STEPS
At The Lumen Center in Bryn Mawr, PA, the Brazilian Butt Lift is a minimally-invasive procedure, meaning there are no stiches and minimal scarring. You’re awake the entire time as everything is explained to you. A Brazilian Butt Lift takes 2-3 hours and typically involves these steps:
- Local anesthesia is administered, similar to what is given at the dentist.
- Donor fat is gently removed with liposuction. Only small incisions (the size of a freckle) are needed to insert tiny, narrow tubes to remove the fat.
- The fat is separated from the fluid, and the fluid is discarded.
- The fat is transferred into small syringes and strategically placed into the buttocks with a series of microinjections.
THE BENEFITS AND POTENTIAL DOWNSIDE OF A BRAZILIAN BUTT LIFT
There are a number of reasons a Brazilian Butt Lift may be right for you. Consider these benefits of a Brazilian Butt Lift:
- Augmentation is all natural since it uses your own fat, it looks natural and gives your backside a softer feel.
- Artificial implants carry the risks of surgery and require maintenance. No maintenance is required for a Brazilian Butt Lift since the results are permanent. In addition, your body won’t reject your own living tissue.
- There are minimal, very small scars.
- You receive liposuction on common problem areas while volumizing your backside to help achieve the figure you’ve always wanted.
- Recovery is quick, and most patients are able to return to work in 4 days.
A potential downside is that candidates need to have enough fat to harvest for a significant volume increase. However, in some cases, slender women can still qualify for a Brazilian Butt Lift.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP: A BRAZILIAN BUTT LIFT CONSULTATION
If you’re in good health, have good skin elasticity and some fat to donate, you’re likely a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift. Make sure to consult with an experienced surgeon as this procedure requires a special skill set.
When you come in for a complimentary consultation at The Lumen Center in Bryn Mawr, PA, we’ll take a holistic look at your shape and create a plan to contour a beautiful, natural shape to your body. We’ll let you know what to expect and tell you how to prepare for your procedure. After your Brazilian Butt Lift, we follow you for up to a year after your procedure.
We’re with you every step of your journey at The Lumen Center. To book a consultation today, please call 610.525.0606.